- Content Type
You can check IITJEE 2012 Results here. IITs, country's premiere technology institutions, attract the best brains of the country. With an excellent academic record, well-trained faculty, very good...
India's technical institutes are not only known for its academic excellence but also for the outstanding placements they offer. They are alma maters of CEOs and other top honchos of many corporate giants both nationally and internationally. In fact, admission in many of these tech institutes is seen as direct admission to global MNCs.
Hence, if you're planning to pursue a career in engineering you must see the kind of placements that the institute provides. These placements also play a major role in institute rankings, and hence play a significant role in shaping your career.
In order to help you choose the correct college, IT magazine Dataquest lists India's top 10 technology institutes that got best placements in 2010. Let us check them out-:
1) IIT, Bombay: Set up in 1958 with the help of former Soviet Union and UNESCO, IIT Mumbai ranks at No. 1 on the list of Best engineering colleges of 2010. The college also bags the No. 1 ranking in the placement-wise category. According to the DQ survey, IIT Bombay scores high on infrastructure and academic excellence. Some top recruiters are A.C. Neilsen, Accenture, Adobe System, Deloitte Consulting, Deutsche Bank, HP, IBM India Pvt. Ltd, Yahoo Software Development India Pvt, Reliance Industries Ltd, etc.
2) IIT, Kharagpur: At No. 2 on the list is IIT, Kharagpur which gets a score of 30.2 out of 40 in the placement category. For many years this institute was considered best among all IITs. Among the first thirteen IITs set up, it is officially recognised as an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India. Top recruiters are Facebook, Barclays, Yahoo, IBM, Infy, JP Morgan, Oracle, ITC, GE, Essar, NTPC.
3) IIIT, Hyderabad: Third on the list is IIIT, Hyderabad. The institute received a score of 29.7 (out of 40) in the placement category. It lays special focus on research, which makes it different from other engineering institutes of India.
4) Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology: This institute is affiliated to Delhi University and has got a placement score of 26.6 out of 40. The institute offers under-graduate level courses in electronics and communication engineering, computer engineering, instrumentation and control engineering, manufacturing process and automation engineering, information technology, and bio-technology. Some companies that have recruited from this institute are- Deliotte, HCL Technologies, Google, Yahoo, Infosys, American Express, Wipro, JP Morgan.
5) BITS, Pilani: Birla Institute of Technology and
Science (BITS), Pilani, is an Institution
declared as Deemed to be University under Sec. 3 of the
BITS Pilani is well known for its flexible academic structure and the institute's policy of admission purely on the basis of merit and not through any kind of reservations. Corporate giants that hire from BITS are- Adobe, Google, TCS, Tata Motors, IBM, L& T, Idea Cellular, etc.
6) IIT, Delhi: The Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi) ranks at No.6 in placement category with a score of 25.1 out of 40. Also very popular among technical institutes among India, IIT Delhi has 13 departments, 11 multi-disciplinary centres, and 2 schools of excellence. Together they offer around 700 courses every semester. Some recruiters are- Ernst & Young, Citi Group, ICICI, American Express, Oracle, Deloitte.
7) Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information communication: This institute is situated in Gandhinagar, Gujarat and has ranked seventh with a placement score of 24.8. Spread over an area of 50 acres of land, the university offers many training methods that include lectures, self-study, online learning, tutorials, lab work, projects, research, internships, guest lectures and personality development programmes. Companies like Sapient, Maxim group, Deloitte (A group), Accenture have hired from here.
8) International Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad: Ranked at No.8 is International Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (IIIT-A). Set up in 1999, the institute has got a placement score of 24.7. Some top recruiters are Deloitte, Google, HCL, ORACLE, Rediff, Sapient, DRDO, etc.
9) IIT, Guwahati: With a placement score of 24.5, IIT-Guwahati s an autonomous engineering and technology-oriented institute of higher education established by the Government of India. It offers latest engineering and computing resources in the country.
10) National Institute of Technology, Karnataka: With a placement score of 25.5, NIT was founded in July 1960, as a joint venture between the Government of Karnataka and the Government of India, originally under the name Karnataka Regional Engineering College, Surathkal.
Image Credit: irisheyes
Start an educational adventure by having the top universities and colleges with Engineering Programs come to you! Fill out your information accurately to get connected directly with the academic recruiters: